Petrie Island Marina is located at Petrie Island in Orleans, Ontario. It is part of the Ottawa Marina Group including The Rockcliffe Marina and Rockcliffe Boathouse Restaurant.
Petrie Island park is owned by the City of Ottawa and is comprised of the Grandmaitre Ecological Reserve, Stuemer Beach, and the Al Tweedle picnic area. With these three features Petrie Island offers many potential year round activities for outdoor enthusiasts and families!
For more information on the Petrie Islands please visit the Friends of Petrie Island website.
Eric is the owner of the marina.
France is the manager of Ottawa Marina East.
XXXX is manager of Ottawa Marina East.
Mike is the tech support guy for the marina.
Petrie Island is located in Ottawa's east end. It is actually a group of islands but generally they are referred to as Petrie Island.
The islands were formed from clay and sand deposited following the end of the last ice age. The area's first inhabitants were probably Middle Archaic Indians in about 6,000 B.C. and then later by the Iroquois and Algonquin Indians from about 1,000 B.C.
In colonial times, it was the route to the west used by natives and Europeans. The first recorded Europeans to travel past Petrie Island on their way to the west were Etienne Brule and Samuel Champlain. The Jesuits and the fur traders were the first Europeans to use the route on a regular basis and the Iroquois used it for raiding parties against the Hurons. The first settlers moved into the area in 1800's and farmed as well as lumbered the area.